New Blog Address

Hi!
I have created a new blog address for more recent blog posts.
Click here to see my new blog!



Follow my blog for more posts! :)

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beauty all around me

Today's inspiration:
  • Holding Out for a Hero- Ella Mae Bowen
  • 1901- Phoenix
  • Trouble With Girls- Scotty McCreery
  • I'm Gonna Love You Through It- Martina McBride
  • Keep Me In Mind- Zac Brown Band
  • All Your Life- The Band Perry
  • Home- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (as always)

After a pretty chill and relaxed day, I decided to end it by going to my favorite spot on the mountain in Farmington to watch the meteor shower. Too bad the shower decided not to show up! While I was sitting and pondering about pretty much just life in general, I realized how lucky I am to be surround by such beautiful things. This (^) is what I saw when I looked straight ahead-and this is at night.
The most beautiful thing that I am surrounded with, and I didn't fully realize this until tonight, was myself.
I am SO blessed to have this body, that God gave to me. He created it, and there are no mistakes. Yet, until now I have absolutely hated this body. And why? Because of my own fault-I don't take care of it like I should. So, to feel better about it, I sat and thought of all of the little things about myself that I liked. Turns out, there is beauty in everything.
Like coming home to find your dogs both asleep, in your bed.
Not really my favorite thing to discover, until it hit me. They obviously miss me. Neither of them will leave my side while I am home, and I usually think it is annoying when I am trying to get things done and I have these two, large, lazy dogs by my side at all times. Even when I don't like myself, they are there, liking me. A quick reminder that my dogs are truly my biggest fans-even if they mess up and stink up my bed. ;)
So my challenge to anyone wishing to accept it (and in all honesty, it is mostly to myself). Realize the beauty all around. Notice the chirping birds after several days of gloom, the crickets on summer nights, the headlights that help provide city lights, the gospel of Jesus Christ and all that it does for us on this earth, and most of all-YOURSELF! Give thanks for what you have.
Envy not what you don't have. You already have all that you need.

2 comments:

  1. duude.
    liv. why in the cats had i not discovered this before now. but really? why.

    i'm following.
    i'm excited.
    cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hiding it from you for.....your birthday! Surprise! Happy birthday early. :)

    Follow as you wish my dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete