New Blog Address

Hi!
I have created a new blog address for more recent blog posts.
Click here to see my new blog!



Follow my blog for more posts! :)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Inspirations

  • You Don't Know Her Like I Do-Brantley Gilbert
  • Holding Out for a Hero-Ella Mae Bowen
  • Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year-Fall Out Boy
  • She's Country- Jason Aldean
  • Don't Give Up On Me-Jason Aldean
  • I'm In-Keith Urban
  • When You Look Me In The Eye-Jonas Brothers
  • You'll Think of Me-Keith Urban
  • Mormon Messages-The Civility Experiment and Lessons I learned as a Boy
  • One Tree Hill
  • Pintrest
  • Relief Society


Obviously, this semester has been a little harder for me to deal with than last semester.
Not in the scholastic sense, but in the emotional strength sense I guess.
I'm not a pathetic little girl that can't handle being away from her family. I chose to move away, I chose to go to school, and I am happy with my decisions.
I couldn't really pinpoint why I was feeling so down until recently, I took another look at my testimony.


A year ago, my relationship with my Savior was beyond what I ever comprehended it ever could be. And now? I let myself get caught in the ways of the world. I let sleep and classes and fun go before my conversations with my Father in Heaven. I let trying to 'grow up' become more important than helping those who need my help. I guess I let myself let my guard down. Boy, was I wrong to do that.


Prayer works. I know with all my heart. 


Sometimes we fall short, but a simple conversation on our knees will direct our paths. And other's paths to come in contact with ours.

Life is perfect for none of us, 
Rather than being judgemental and critical of each other,
may we have the pure love of Christ
for our fellow travelers in this journey through life.
-Thomas S. Monson


My weight control and eating behaviors class has really got me thinking about myself. About my weight. About my habits. About my feelings. About my beliefs about myself. About everything, really.

I've been through a lot in my life. This influences every single decision I make. Including my physical appearance. And now that I know this, I can fix it.

I'm not a naive girl who doesn't know about all the evils in the world. I'm a smart, strong, and independent girl who knows there are evils in the world-I've lived and experienced a lot of them-I just chose to look past the negative possibilities and admire the beauty in all things.
I guess letting others see my weaknesses sometimes makes me feel like they view me as someone that is much less than what I really am.
So... I am:

  • Strong
  • Independent
  • Cultured
  • Kind
  • Optimistic
  • Pessimistic
  • Cautious
  • Oblivious
  • Free
  • Captive
  • Happy
  • Unforgettable
  • Alive
  • Blessed
  • Gracious
  • A daughter of God
  • And a lot more to come


Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment