New Blog Address

Hi!
I have created a new blog address for more recent blog posts.
Click here to see my new blog!



Follow my blog for more posts! :)

Monday, May 19, 2014

{It's alright}

It's alright by matt & kim is my replay song right now.
Because they're right-it's alright.

It's been a time since I have really felt that everything would be alright. Not that the Spirit didn't affirm that to me, but it was my own heart deciding not to trust and believe that.

It's alright. It's alright to not know.
It's alright to be here. It's alright to have time.
It's alright to not be social all the time.
It's alright to have fun.
It's alright to drive with the windows down, wind in my hair, sun blaring in, singing at the top of my lungs.
I do it daily now. Which is a nice ritual to bring back.
It's alright to have your hair a mess, your face a mess, and be out in public.
It's alright to get dressed to the nines, and to feel pretty.
It's alright to miss people, to miss situations.
It's alright to be vulnerable, and to be lonely.
It's alright to feel feelings deeper than the surface.
It's alright to be sad.
More importantly, it's alright to be happy.
And it's alright to move forward.

Moving forward is always a scary endeavor. 
It requires trust in something other than ourselves, and to step into the unknown. 
The scarier thing is standing still, and staying in the past.
That's not the purpose for our existence, so why try?
We are given certain callings and experiences for a reason, and we are to move with them.
The happiest people you'll meet are those who cherish the past, look forward with confidence, and embrace the present.
So that's been my plan-to embrace.

I want to embrace more.
I want to embrace my life.
I want to embrace myself.
I want to embrace others, and hold them so tightly until they understand they are loved.
I want to embrace my 20's. 
I want to embrace my family.
I want to embrace the single life.
I want to embrace poor health, to remember how grateful I am for good health.
I want to embrace now.

embrace; to take in with the eye or the mind.

There is beauty all around, and a lot of it lies ahead. We can't see what's behind us, and that is for good reason. 
[it's like the game Temple Run-you can't turn around to get more jewels, you just have to keep moving forward.]
Don't miss the opportunities before you because you're too busy seeing too far into the future. Don't let blessings pass by because you are too focused on trying to return to the past. 

I'm the pot calling the kettle black. I have done everything but embrace my circumstances lately.
But I have been so much happier now that I am actively trying to enjoy my now than I was trying to dwell in the past. I will be first to admit that I have been lonely, and it's because I chose to be that way. Not now.

One day I'll get around to working out hard again.
One day I'll get married.
One day I'll be done with school.
One day I'll return to visit my mission.
One day I'll look back and see what the plan was.
One day will come; but I can't get back today.

'Be happy with what you have where you are.'

Challenge accepted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment