New Blog Address

Hi!
I have created a new blog address for more recent blog posts.
Click here to see my new blog!



Follow my blog for more posts! :)

Monday, May 28, 2012

If you want me in your life...


My Inspiration...
  • Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
  • Why Ya Wanna by Jenna Kramer
  • Even If It Breaks Your Heart by Eli Young Band
  • Brokenhearted by Karmin
  • My dad’s diagnosis with cancer



This summer has started off to be a bit of a doosy. My life has been turned upside down and shaken up quite a bit. But, through the darkness, there are some things I’ve come to realize. 

And number one is: You find out who your friends are

Are your friends the ones that are there for only the bad times? Are friends the ones who are those you can laugh with? Are friends there for the good times, but tend to, for some reason or another, disappear when things get rough? Do friends hold back when faced with obstacles, or do they rush in to help? What is a friend? And where are they?

Friend(frend). Noun. : a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard; 
a person who gives assistance; 
supporter;


I have been blessed to have a lot of friends in my lifetime. Some I have had for a long while. Some I have had for only a short time. And some come and go, depending on what life brings. I often feel like I get forgotten in this crazy life, and that is truly a demon in itself.

 











Starting today, I am following the advice of my favorite quote:

It’s not up to me anymore.
If you want me in your life, you’ll find a way to put me in it.

I am done trying to track my friends down. If you want me in your life, put me in it. Otherwise, I’ll see you when I see you. Life is too short to waste it on people who don’t appreciate having you in their lives…


Maybe this is just my boggled mind speaking. But it's the honest truth

A big thank you... 
To those of you who have been there for me through these last couple of weeks. Thank you for the prayers and the support for my family and me at this time. Thank you to those who have performed random acts of kindness without asking what was needed. Thank you to those who constantly checked in on my family and me, showing your concern and care. Thank you to those who have listened to me, regardless of how negative or hopeless I may have sounded. And thank you to those who have given us the strength to accept this new obstacle in life. We don't have it as easy as others, but we definitely have it easier than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment