New Blog Address

Hi!
I have created a new blog address for more recent blog posts.
Click here to see my new blog!



Follow my blog for more posts! :)

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

words;

Words; Speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when actions are called for.

Do we think before we speak?
Do we think before we type?
Do we think before we write?
Do we think about the words we use?


















The things we think truly reflect everything we do.
What we say not only reflect our true selves, but they leave an impact on others.
I've come to realize how much we influence one anothers lives.
The words which I chose to listen to will dictate how I feel about myself,
how I feel about others,
and how I feel about life.
I've noticed that the books I read can either build my confidence, 
or deminish it.
They can increase my relationship with my Heavenly Father,
or deplete it.
They can enhance my knowledge, 
or keep it the same.

The songs I listen to effect my moods.
I can either be happy,
or sad.
I can be cheerful,
or angry.
I can feel the Spirit,
or dull the Spirit.

The words which I speak effect those around me
and myself,
but most importantly, my Heavenly Father and my Savior.
They can lift and inspire,
or harm and discourage.
They can comfort,
or hurt.

Do the words that we associate with always reflect
our relationship with Jesus Christ?
Do we choose to share the sensative information we have
with those who don't necessarily have the trust to know it?
Do we gossip?
Do we degrade?
Do we destroy others?

We will never know the whole story of a person's life and their feelings.
So it is not our place to judge,
to speak unkindly,
to be harsh,
to gossip about them.




Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, 
but that which is good to the use of edifying
that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29



If the Savior stood beside me, 
Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind
if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the Gospel?
Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh
Watching over me?

No comments:

Post a Comment